It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...
I got my wish! It's snowing in London! I'm currently at a coffee shop watching the snow flakes fall, wishing it would stick. But it's still really beautiful.
Up next is Harrod's for some final holiday present gathering.
But first... Items I have learned today:
Wooly: Not getting to the point
Gateau: Chocolate cake, but apparently it is so much MORE than just a chocolate cake (but really, it looks exactly like one)
Baubles: Christmas bulbs/ornaments
Jumper: Sweater. Lots of talk of various Christmas Jumpers going on over here. The Brits seem to love them
This week is going to be a big week.
· My "Two Northerners and a Yank" (our team name), will be submitting our final 1500 word innovative solution on how to tackle youth violence in Croydon. Complete with a basic start of a business plan as our Portfolio/Appendix - we just might be overachievers.
· I will have my first international work trip (just to Scotland, but still), where I have been "volunteered" to conduct a "Measurement and Learning Workshop" – think good thoughts for me for that one folks!
· I have my first mentor meeting with a newly assigned mentor at work
· Albena (another "participant" in my MBA program who I adore, we are pictured above) and I will be throwing our MBA holiday party and I will be wearing a dress (another thing I need prayers for, Maria and her "feminine side" just aren't quite fully in touch yet) :)
· I won’t be presenting, however, I will still be in front of the Board/Exec Committee of my company again this week to talk about my Project
· AND I will be flying home at the end of it to spend the Holidays back on the other side of the world.
I'm tired just thinking about it.
Frankly, I'm pretty tired in general
I've noticed a huge difference in my energy levels on the nights that I'm able to properly sleep, and the nights that I'm not.
There has been a lot going on recently and sleep hasn't come all that naturally.
I'm hoping that everything will go smoothly this week as I work to get to the finish line of wrapping up my first quarter in London, and getting some much needed rest and relaxation.
Although to be fair, my trip back home consists of lots of visits for the few days I'm in Seattle, AND a trip to Vegas, followed by a brief stint in Portland.
So really.. not all that relaxing.
But it will be nice to see everyone. And hopefully at some point. Sleep.