Honoring the Solstice: Six Reflections on the Last Six Months
One of the Astrologers I love, Divine Harmony, hosts monthly lunar and solar gate calls. She recently had an offering for the summer solstice and new moon/ring of fire eclipse. One of the things she suggests we do is take some time to reflect on what the last six months have been for us. What we have moved through?
So I sat down last night and did that and wanted to share it here:
1. I took a giant leap of faith and quit my corporate job (literally the day after I graduated from my MBA program, I apparently didn't have the desire to go to Disneyland. I did this to create the space to be able to focus my time, effort, and energy into getting my own work and voice out and into the world.
2. I've started truly showing up. What that looks like for me, for now, is the publication of my very first book, and hosting the 30-Day journey that will go hand-in-hand with it in August 2020. That is so insane to me, even thinking about it now. I will have my first book released to the world, the launch of my very first course, as well as the launch of my very own writers group all on the first day of my birth month. Completing item number one allowed me to be able to move into item number two. Details on that can be found here:
3. I'm following my heart despite the uncertainty. That's lead me to work for and with a company that I'm incredibly passionate about. At Intention Inspired it seems like every single day we are co-creating something new, new people are finding us, sparks are flowing, hearts are opening, expansions are happening and it's just an incredibly beautiful thing for me to witness, something I am deeply grateful for.
4. I'm relaxing into the flow as I trust the Universe for the highest and best outcome. It's not always rainbows and butterflies though, this level of trust. Over the course of the last few months, it has meant:
💫 Leaving London in 48 hours before I really felt ready for it. Blog entry on that here
💫 Riding the waves that are both exhilarating and overwhelming, and having ease and compassion for myself. Blog entry on that here:
💫 Showing up and standing in solidarity and support despite my own discomfort and all of the fear that is surrounding me (and all of us). Blog entry on that here.
5. I'm listening to and living from my heart in levels that I had never previously accessed before. This leans into what I talk about in number 3, but it's a level deeper than that. Through the work that I did while going through 30 days of Love with Intention Inspired, and my depth, devotion, passion, and dedication to myself, I am now working on loving myself unconditionally. It also means I've gotten to the point that I can no longer lie to myself and not live in my integrity and authenticity. I've been conflict-averse and a people-pleaser my entire life, but what has happened to me in the last six months is the fact that I literally can not stand in and speak my truth. I've learned to recognize and honor my own worth, and my own needs, to finally put myself first.
6. I've woken up the fact that I don't actually know everything on the planet. Having a beginner's mindset and being open has been SO KEY with pretty much everything in my life. From finding Jeff Foster's Deep Rest course a few months ago and realizing that I actually had no idea what living in the present moment actually meant, to currently realizing that racism is actually so much deeper and more ingrained in both myself and society as a whole than I had ever imagined. It's only in being open to these ideas that I have created the space to allow them to flow through.
What's also been a running theme throughout all of these six areas and deepenings within my life? I have held myself from a place of love and compassion, as there have been uncomfortable moments amidst the joy, pain within the grace, gratitude and overwhelm. These last six months have been about coming to know who I am and stepping into my authenticity. But, also understanding that I will never "know" everything. It's been about learning to love and embrace the uncertainty and truly being there for myself right here, right now.
The final thing Divine Harmony asks us to do is call in what we would like the next six months to look like. So if we are forward-thinking to the Winter Solstice in December, what would you like that to look like for you? Dream big, my friends, dream big. I would love to hear from you below, comment and let me know!
Sending love and light to each and every one of you out there.
Thank you for taking the time to tune in.
I love you ♥️